Brian Mahany - 414.704.6731
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Practicing law since 1983, Brian has many years of trial experience. His unique experience includes both prosecuting and defending major state and federal criminal cases across the United States including cases in Wisconsin, Tennessee, Maine, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Illinois, Indiana, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Washington. Included in his criminal experience was serving on the defense team and as counsel of record in the 2008 Wesley Snipes trial in Ocala, Florida. His civil experience includes even more states.
Brian is a former assistant attorney general and state revenue commissioner. he also served as a special advisor in the Senate for tax policy. He has lectured nationally and has been published in many publications including the Journal of Accountancy. In 2010, he was appointed to the board of the International Association for Asset Recovery.
One accountant has stated that Brian is known for never taking "no" for answer. It is joked that he is known for inspiring dread among prosecutors and IRS auditors when they hear Brian is entering an appearance in a case.
Brian concentrates on Civil and Criminal Tax matters, White Collar Criminal Defense, Asset Recovery, Securities Fraud, Legal Malpractice and Employment Discrimination.
To contact Brian Mahany, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him directly at 414.704.6731.
Christopher J. Ertl - 414.704.2257
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Over the course of the past 10 years, Christopher J. Ertl has been instrumental in providing superb legal service to a range of clients in the areas of complex criminal fraud, civil taxation, civil rights litigation, and investment fraud recovery. Mr. Ertl has a particular zeal for isolating the weaknesses in the government's case. Moreover, he has a strong track record of locating individuals, tracing, and legally seizing their assets for the ultimate return of funds to clients who fall victim to sophisticated fraudulent schemes.
With concentration on constitutional law, federal jurisdiction, taxation and governmental authority, his experience and education at the University of Wisconsin Law School provide a solid framework for strong client advocacy before powerful, well-funded governmental agencies including the Department of Justice, the Internal Revenue Service, various state Departments of Revenue and state prosecutors. After several years honing his litigation skills in state and local tribunals, Mr. Ertl spent the last 7 years immersed in complex federal and state, criminal and civil litigation.
Mr. Ertl graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and Economics. He also earned a Master of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee in Criminal Justice. In 1999, he obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Wisconsin School of Law.
- Member of Wisconsin Bar Association Admitted to Practice before:
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the 5th, 7th, 9th, and 10th Circuits
- Practiced by Pro Hac Vice Appearances before:
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
To contact Christopher J. Ertl, email him at email@example.com or call him directly at 414.704.2257.